How long are the tours?
- Our tour is between 1.5 to 2 hours long.
What time do the tours start?
- Tour times typically start at 10:00 am and 1:00pm. Call 800-531-5834 for reservations.
How much are the tickets?
- Adults are $49. Seniors (60+) are $45. Children (8-18) $24, 7 and under (free). Active duty military and reserves $35.
Where do we meet?
- Palm Springs Windmill Tours is located at 62950 20th Avenue, Palm Springs, CA 92262
Do we get to touch a windmill?
- Yes and no. We have historical windmills that are restored and sitting at ground level for you to touch and enjoy. We do take you close to the newer machines, however there is a safety boundary around the turbines that you will not be allowed to enter.
What do we wear?
- There is a small amount of walking involved, please dress appropriately for that day’s weather and wind. We also suggest closed-toed shoes to keep out the sand.
Can we go inside a windmill?
- For safety reasons, we cannot allow participants to enter or touch the wind turbines.
What do we do on the tour?
- You'll begin by touring the history of the renewable energy industry, enjoying great pictures of the trials and tribulations of early wind power generation in the Coachella Valley. Next we head outdoors to discover the various restored exhibits of historical windmills. Then it’s onto a working wind farm, and through various exhibits you will see the latest technology in wind power generation. During your tour you will experience the windmills, solar generation, and natural gas power plants.
How much walking is there?
- The amount of walking is up to you. You do not have to exit the bus for the walking part of the tours if you do not wish. There is a short walk as you traverse through the exhibits before boarding the bus.
Can we take pictures?
- Yes! Please take as many pictures as you wish. (Videos, too!)